We are a NJ based band formed by six artists with a passion for
writing and performing music with a message. Our songs are devoted to
helping the listener grow as a person on the inside. Our name comes from a line
in the movie, Hans Christian Anderson. The main character, trying
to help someone who is discouraged says, "When your heart is full of
love, you're nine feet tall." Our hearts are full of love because of
God's love for us. Our music is completely surrendered to Jesus because
of our strong faith in Him and our love for Him.
- Kathy Anderson: Vocals / songwriter
- Dan Anderson: Acoustic guitar
- Rob Hamrick: Keyboards
- Gerry Piazza: Drums & vocals
- Tom Pfau: Electric & acoustic guitar
- Pete Scibienski: Bass guitar
Back to Top
- Where were you born? Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ. Grew up in Fair Lawn,
- Do you have a nick name? MacGyver
- Who is your family? You don't know yet?
- What are your hobbies? Computers, Guitars, Woodworking.
- Do you have any pets? No, but a few have me.
- What is your occupation? A computer
- What are your favorite foods? Anything off the barbecue, Mexican
(especially enchiladas), Chili, Lime flavored tortilla chips, and chocolate
covered donuts- not all at the same time.
- Who are your musical influences? Neil Young and any band he was in,
Beatles, other late 60's/early 70's type music.
- What keeps you going in life? I don't often think about it. I just do it.
Back to Top
- Where were you born? Durant, Oklahoma, but spent most of my life in
- Do you have a nickname? Not since high school... too far back to
- Who is your family? Wife: Janet; Daughter: April; Sons: Jonathan and
- What are your hobbies? Let's see... if a hobby is something you like to
do when you are not working, I guess that would be "Sleeping"!
- Do you have any pets? One semi-literate dog
- What is your occupation? Quality Manager for a consulting company.
- What are your favorite foods? Pretty much anything that will lie still
long enough for me to jab a fork into it... my wife is an excellent cook.
- Who are your musical influences? Dave Brubeck, Keith Green, Michael
MacDonald, Harlan Rogers, Fernando Ortega, and many others.
- What keeps you going in life? Recognizing that, since this life won't
last forever, we only have a fairly short time to make a difference in
somebody else's life. Because genuine Christianity can't be practiced in a
vacuum, believers are intended to interact - not only with each other but
with the rest of the world. The reality of Jesus Christ's love working
within a believer's life helps other believers to grow in their faith. It
can also show the rest of the world know that we care - not only for each
other but for them as well.
Back to Top
- Where were you born? I was born in Brooklyn, NY
- Do you have a nickname? Yes. I've had many nicknames.
- Who is your family? Well, after 39 years of being single, I finally found
the love of my life, the person God intended me to be with, and I feel
unbelievably blessed. Her name is Sandi, and we’re looking forward to a great
life together, devoted to God and whatever He wants. My 2 brothers and 2
sisters are great, and I feel like we’re growing closer all the time. My
father and I also have a great relationship. I’m a lucky guy, what can I say.
- What are your hobbies? My hobbies include backpacking in the desert,
mongoose & yeti training, drinking coffee in a semi-snobbish fashion, watching baseball, golfing, listening to good music and
anything involving my friends and their families
- Do you have any pets? We have a pet Monkey, I mean, a pet named Monkey. We just got a
wonderful little dog named Monkey. We didn’t name her, she came that
way. We tried changing her name, but her name just worked too well for
her. She’s part Jack Russell and part Pug (they call the mixed breed a
‘Jug’). She does something funny every day, sometimes she even speaks.
- What is your occupation? Well, right now, I’m doing some web design, content management, and a little customer support, while I study web programming (ASP, and (are you bored yet?) other stuff). In the meantime, I’ve been blessed to be able to round out my working hours doing some ‘a la carte’ software testing.
- What are your favorite foods? Anything Pete cooks as long as it involves a
pound of bacon or pasta. Italian food...pizza is good, even bad pizza is
good. Anything Sandi's Mom, Tulia cooks. She's an AMAZING cook! LOVE
the Picadillo, Mom!! Whatever meat we're having when I go to the Anderson house for dinner.
Coffee (is that a food?) :)
- Who are your musical influences? Wow, that's a long list, but hey, I'll
give ya the top 5 (in no particular order) Howie Mann (my old drum teacher),
Max Weinberg (of "E" Street
band fame), Neal Peart, "Mad Dog" Vinny Lopez (Bruce’s drummer before Max),
- What keeps you going in life? Didn't I say coffee already?? Just kidding.
Well, it's not the wonderful job I have, that's for sure. It's the
relationships that are most important in my life. First, and foremost, my
relationship to God, without which, at times, I feel like I couldn't get
through a minute, never mind a day. I had a thought the other day of how
desperate and sad a life must be that didn't have the hope of God in it. My
friends and family relationships keep my life interesting, rewarding and fun,
but my relationship to God, while I still need to work hard on it, is the one
thing that really keeps me going.
Back to Top
- Where were you born? Perth Amboy, NJ
- Do you have a nick name? Pete, Paco. Pedro, the professor
- Who is your family? Loving wife Beth Two Great sons, Dan and Joe
- What are your hobbies? I study history and the human condition and apply
comments when incited
- Do you have any pets? One large orange cat named Red
- What is your occupation? Unlicensed Consulting Private Detective, Emperor
of the North Pole, Manager of an all-night news stand and soul food take-out
on the Underground Railroad, Grand Duke of Blanc, Part-time Prophet for
several non-profit organizations.
- What are your favorite foods? Mexican, Cajun anything that is proud of
- Who are your musical influences? Motown before they left Detroit, any and
all R&B before disco, anything that flows and grooves
- What keeps you going in life? I can't go home, I'm not done yet.
Back to Top
- Where were you born? In a hospital...but you probably meant York, PA
- Do you have a nickname? Yes...Flash (from softball)
- Who is your family? Lovely wife, Kathy, and 3 wonderful kids: Tim, Tyler
- What are your hobbies? Computers, sports (softball...too old for
football), the band
- Do you have any pets? An adorable Golden Retriever called Peaches & an
obnoxious parrot named Ollie
- What is your occupation? Web designer/developer...I love my job!
- What are your favorite foods? Seefood...when I see food I eat
it...actually PA Dutch dishes, pizza, ice cream
- Who are your musical influences? Only one, my wife
- What keeps you going in life? Jesus, my family, friends
Back to Top
- Where were you born? At Riverview Hospital, Red Bank, NJ
- Do you have a nickname? Kath
- Who is your family? The love of my life and my husband of 18 years, Dan;
my three awesome kids, Tim, Tyler and Anya.
- What are your hobbies? I love spending time writing music, running and
- Do you have any pets? We have a crazy golden retriever named Peaches and a
talking parrot named Ollie.
- What is your occupation? I’m very thankful to be a stay at home mom. We
also enjoy the privilege of homeschooling.
- What are your favorite foods? Any savory dish made from scratch,
preferably with natural ingredients.
- Who are your musical influences? Music has had such a powerful influence
on my life – I listen to all kinds! From The Beatles, Cat Stevens, Joni
Mitchell, Bruce Springsteen, Shawn Colvin, Poco, Al Green, Dave Matthews,
Sarah McLachlan and Spyro Gyra to Jennifer Knapp, Carolyn Arends, Michael
Card, Sara Groves, Sixpence and the list goes on and on…
- What keeps you going in life? My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ “…Oh, dear
Lord, three things I pray - to see Thee more clearly, love Thee more dearly,
follow Thee more nearly day by day…”